Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no signal on monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 h4rders

h4rders

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:43 PM

Hello I have a Dynex 26" lcd tv I use for monitor. All was working good until I unhooked everything and painted room. Now the monitor says its getting no signal. I grabbed my old monitor so I could make this post and it works fine, so I would assume that my video card is ok (geforce fx 5200 with vga and dvi outputs)I am using the dvi outputs to monitor with a rocketfish adapter to go from dvi to hdmi. Im lost and need your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 h4rders

h4rders
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:41 PM

Hello, well after testing the monitor with regular vga cord and it worked. Then tested dvi cord with another monitor and it worked I figured it had to be the dvi to hdmi adapter. went to bestbuy and exchanged it and walla it was the problem. go figure. Didnt think something like that could go out but it did. So be careful unhooking your stuff and or don't let your 16 year old do it :)

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

Nice self-help, thanks for posting your resolution.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users