Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Get Past Black Screen w/ Blinking Cursor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 JUSTJRDN

JUSTJRDN

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

Hey guys..I'm back again, unfortunately on the family PC this time because my laptop is infected :(

Late last night I was watching a video and all of a sudden Microsoft Security Essentials popped up saying I had to trojans, right as I was going to clean them up my laptop just shut off and began to restart. It goes past the initial Toshiba start up screen and after that goes to a black screen w/ a blink cursor in the top left corner and then just sits.

I tried using a cd that I burned a Windows 7 recovery disk to but it comes up with the message:

Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard dive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.

If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred.

My current job/source of income relies on me having my laptop..so if you can help that'd be great! THANKS!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:50 AM

If you're sure your system is infected, shouldn't you be posting in the malware forum?

#3 JUSTJRDN

JUSTJRDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:52 AM

Is that "Am I infected? What do I do?"? I'll repost in there if it is...sorry

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic373516.html

Edited by JUSTJRDN, 15 January 2011 - 12:05 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

For the record, OP has posted new topic in Am I Infected forum :).

To prevent possible confusion, I am closing this topic.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 15 January 2011 - 02:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users