Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

N ew memory

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OneSillyBilly

OneSillyBilly

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

I have just put in a 1Gb memory into my PC which brings it up to 2Gb. Its the same as the 1Gig I had in it already. Since then I cannot access my hard drive and XP. What is the problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:42 AM

1) Most bios' will recognize new memory automatically, but if you have an older system you may have to change it manually. Does the POST show 2GB? If you're not sure, look in the bios.

2) You can open the box and make sure both sticks are firmly seated

3) You can run a check on the ram to make sure it's good (stranger things have happened)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users