Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

want to D/C all previous connections but how?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Student01

Student01

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:52 AM

Hello,

I'm using both Windows XP and Windows Vista.
So, scenario goes:
I go to My Network Places (or Network for Vista) -> Dbl click on a folder, then i login to access the folder. I'm in that folder.
Now, I want to go to a different folder in the My Network Places. Dbl click on a different folder, then login but error message pops up saying:

"...Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.."

So, i believe this error occured because i already login to a folder before and that i cannot simply go to another different shared folder.

My question is, How do I D/C or log off the connection to the server or shared resource without the need of restarting the computer or deleting the network using command prompt and typing: net use \\servername /delete

Regards,

Student01

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:21 AM

What kind of network is this?

#3 Student01

Student01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

File Sharing Network

Posted Image

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

That doesn't answer my question. As I aksed what kind of network, and let me elaborate more is this a home network, home network with Windows Home Server, Business Network, or Business Network with a Domain Controller?

#5 Student01

Student01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:26 AM

Oh shoot,

my apologise. I have my computer on LAN and my laptops on Wireless. Basically the computer is hooked up with an ethernet cable to my Netgear Modem Router DGN2000, and all other laptops on wireless. It's a home network with all computers and laptops under the same workgroup.

sorry still kinda not understanding with Networks a lot.

Posted Image

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:44 PM

You can map the shared resources via Map Network Drive, and see if that solves your issue.

#7 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

Another way to eliminate the problem would be to go the the computer sharing the folders ad do the following. One eliminate all of the shares except one. Then in the shared folder place shortcuts to the other folders you want to access so all of the work can be done from the same share.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users