Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dll c:\windows system32\credui.dll

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 luapluap

luapluap

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

i am not very smart with computers but this item comes up when i start up my laptop it says dll c\windowssystem32\credui.dll
it will not allow me now to log in to ebay and my googlemail etc can anyone help me with this as i am ew to this forum
thanks paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:22 PM

Please post the exact error message...and tell us exactly when it appears.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 luapluap

luapluap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:14 PM

hi louis when i start up my laptop dell latitude d521 and before i click onto internet explorer a message comes up in a blue box in the folloing form
msmsgs.exe-bad image
the aplication or DLL C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEMS32\CREDUI.DLLis not a valid windows image,please check this against your installation diskette
i do not have a disc and as i said in my post i am not very good using computers i hope you can help and thanks for replying to myself so quickly
paul

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:37 AM

"Bad image" errors can mean any of several different things. The file mentioned could be damaged...or something else may make the file incapable of being read by Windows. There is also the possibility of malware.

Msmsgs.exe, if legit, refers to Windows Messenger.

The first thing that I would do...is see if you have this running (it's a Windows component, available via Add/Remove Programs). I would disable it, it's usually one of the first things I disable on a clean install.

FWIW: http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/msmsgs.exe.html

If you use Windows Messenger and the file is damaged...then you can reinstall it, again using Add/Remove Programs...after running the chkdsk /r command on the Windows partition.

To run chkdsk /r...Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter. Type Y in new screen and hit Enter. Reboot system, the chkdsk /r will run...will boot into XP when command is complete.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users