Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad Image message popping up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 katiekins

katiekins

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

Hi

Today I turned on my second laptop and ran mbam which found a trojan agent, 2 trojan vundo's and 13 adaware infections.

Since rebooting it I get this message continuously over and over again. It just keeps popping up over and over again.

Program.exe- Bad Image (These show different programmes.exe each time)

The Application of DLL C:\windows\system32\theuil.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

I can't close it by task manager during boot up and it just keeps popping up everytime I close it.

Am I right in thinking that it is a virus?

I also did a system restore earlier before the other trojans/ adaware was found from mbam.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 katiekins

katiekins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:41 AM

Update

Ok I updated my Superantispyware to a newer edition and ran this again. This time it found a Trojan.Agent/Gen-Nullo[micro]. Since moving it to my virus vault and rebooting it (twice) the bad image messages have stopped. I was expecting it to find another infection as I have had these trojans before and not had this problem.

Lets keep our fingers crossed that it was this and now it has been found and quarantined all will be fine and there will be no more pop ups!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users