Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disk not found Solution

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mach_v

mach_v

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

OK here is an odd one. I had a Dell inspiron 1520 With Vista on it. It booted up and said disk not found. The hard drive was bad. Then I added new hard drive installed Vista and all updates. Then I went to install other software that the person wanted on it. Then i restated it and no hard disk found. So i tested the hard drive and it was good. So i reinstalled Vista again just to make sure the install was good. Then it happened again after i installed the software and rebooted. So i put the vista install disk back in by chance and skipped the press any button to run disk and wala the windows came up. So if you have this problem with no disk found try leaving the operating system install disk in the cd drive and skip the setup. You do not have to leave it in to run windows only to turn it on. Just thought I would let people know my weird experience with this laptop. Any questions PLEASE ask. Thank you and happy trouble shooting with hammer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

When I get this message...it's usually a boot setting or something is amiss with the boot files. I can correct it, so it's not normally the hard drive (which is what many will say is the problem).

A weak CMOS battery...damaged boot files...improper CMOS boot settings...I think any of these can produce that error, but that's just my SWAG :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users