Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus removal problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rookie84

rookie84

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

Hello, I am running XP Prof-SP2. I have a virus/trojan which disguises itself as "iexplorer.exe". it has taken me
a good while to find this, as none of the virus/malware programs I downloaded recognized it. The Windows Task manager
shows me that I'm running 2 and sometimes 3 processes called iexplorer.exe..which hog the CPU usage. I have read many
suggestions on how to be rid of these, but the only ones that made sense involved making sure that the speed of the "real" file
could be identified, since the "false" one was outrageously? fast.
I have download a prog called Killbox which offers the chance of getting rid of the file. My problem is that the Task Manager is
the only place where I can see the real and fake running along-side each other, and the delete option there causes problems with my deaktop.
Can anyone suggest a place where I might see the progs as they run, in order to delete? (difficult to explain clearly)
I hope I have posted in the right place, and I thank in advance anyone who might assist me.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users