Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound card problem?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ~Jay~Dub~

~Jay~Dub~

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:31 PM

I was playing a track in media player and when I plugged in the headphones (front panel) they didn't work, also the sound from the speakers wasn't cut off. I then un-plugged the speakers and instead tried the headphones into the rear panel and nothing happened - but then when I plugged them into the front again they worked, but when the speakers where plugged in again (rear) then only the headphones work!! I rebooted and its back the way it was... speakers work but not headphones???
In summary... Replace the speakers (rear panel) with headphones and it switches the sound to the front panel, and it stays that way until rebooted.
I can't think of anything I did to affect this, I tried updating the driver but no change, any ideas anyone?
emachines E4216, 3ghZ Pentium D, 2Gb RAM, XP Pro (SP3)- Realtek 'onboard' audio.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal
LINUX - In a world without fences and walls... Who would need Gates and Windows

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users