Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Photosmart

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Horse Box

Horse Box

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:47 PM

Hi I have a HP 2575 all in 1. I had a Virus and had to reinstall all software but alas the printer only partically work the XP knows the printer is there but the printer won't scan nor will it read SD card. The computer thinks the scanner is not available.

However the computer can print but will not recognise the other components. I have re-installed the original software twice but same result.

Help if possible.

Horse Box

Edited by Horse Box, 14 January 2011 - 02:49 PM.

Nie ma satso

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

When you reinstalled the software did you uninstall the old first and then disconnect the USB cable before reinstalling?
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 Horse Box

Horse Box
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

Right,

I had a Virus, so I accessed the Ghost partition on my dell and did a system restore. Now when done the system did not find or detect the printer so I forced the installation and got the printer to respond and print nut thats about it.

I am not sure about the cable I may have detacted the cable before the installation to see if XP would detect the printer. Now before the Virus I had problems with USB controller it kept saying there was a faster connection and to re connect device but it was above my head so i left it but it beeped me every so often.

It has since stopped.
Nie ma satso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users