Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card not displaying any picture

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kissthesky

kissthesky

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:47 PM

Hi, So last night I decided to hook my VIZIO 32" flat screen TV to my PC for some ultimate online C&C Rengade game play like I have done a bunch of times in the past. The TV has a RGB plug-in so when connecting I just unplugged the one from my monitor and plugged it in the TV's.(while computer turned off) Turned on the PC, Vista loaded up, I had to change my screen resolution, played the game, turned it off, and went to bed. Then this morning I unplugged the RGB cable from the TV, plugged it back into the Monitor and turned on my computer. The first initial boot screen came on and worked fine all the way to where you would log in. That screen is black like my graphics card is not working but I can here the Vista chiming noises like its working fine just not showing on the screen. I checked the cords, all plugged in tight.

Like I said before I have done this a bunch of times in the past with no problem. I tried re-seating the card(PCI Express Radeon X1300) nothing. I looked in setup under Video and there were only two options; 1.Auto(default factory setting)and this is what it was on 2.Onboard/PEG it said something like, will disable onboard if peg detected.
I checked under PCI option and it showed VGA graphics something, cant remember exactly. So I did try both of those options and still was getting that blank screen.

I booted my Vista disk and ran Repair......nothing.

As of now I had to remove the Graphics Card in order to use the Onboard and everything is big and ugly, I would love to here some troubleshoots from anyone and Thank You in advance. Here is some info for if needed:

Dell Dimension E520
Graphics Card- Radeon X1300
Pentium D 2.80 GHz
Vista Home Premium SP2
My monitor is a DELL
Don't know what else would be helpful, if missing something please let me know.

Edited by hamluis, 14 January 2011 - 03:29 PM.
Moved from Vista to Internal Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kissthesky

kissthesky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:27 PM

Well I was hoping this wouldn't turn out to be one of those week long threads........Renegade is going to have to be put on hold :(

Edited by kissthesky, 14 January 2011 - 04:12 PM.

#3 kissthesky

kissthesky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:19 PM

Well I put my graphics card back, booted Vista disk, blanked hard drive, and reinstalled Vista. Works perfect now???

I would still really like to know what caused it, or what setting was flicked to make it do what it did. From this I learned that it was not anything to with my bios(I think), wasn't cords, wasn't a bad graphics card.....but something to do with windows. SO if anyone could piece it together that would be great. I am not the smartest when it comes to computers but really am interested in learning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users