Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system standby failed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DottieR

DottieR

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

I keep getting a message

"The device driver for the 'Terminal Server Keyboard Driver' device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driver."

I asked on the Dell forum and didn't get anything I could understand.

I have a rebuilt Dell Optiplex GX620, XP Pro. This has been going on for the 2 months I have had it. I tried the online diagnoser on the Dell site and it didn't find any driver upgrades needed. (It did find one urgent upgrade which I have downloaded twice but I still get the same diagnosis.) I checked for updates on the keyboard device driver and didn't find any.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,615 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

See HERE and replies below.

My personal advice...since it's a desktop, don't use any power saving features.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:24 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314118

I'd take a look in Event Viewer for possible clues. I would also uninstall the keyboard driver (via Device Manager), then reboot the system.

Louis

#4 DottieR

DottieR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

Thank you everyone.
I will try uninstalling the keyboard driver.
I don't see anything in the event viewer about the keyboard, but then I don't know what to look for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users