Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 BSOD Custom build.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kirky1991

kirky1991

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

Hi all, I've recently bought a few parts and built up my first real 'custom' PC.

I'll start with the Issue. I'll randomly get a BSOD, I've not noticed a trend like while using a certin programe or stressing the system. Also, Unpon 'wake up' from sleep it will BSOD, reboot and work fine untill the next random BSOD. The only useful piece of infomation on the BSOD is that it states 'Memory Managment'

These are the specs at the moment;

Asus M3A32-MVP Delux motherboard
4GB 1066 Ram
Radeon x600 256mb graphics card (soon to be upgraded to a XFX HD4870 1gb when the PSU is upgraded)
Phenom 2.5ghz Quad core Extreme Edition
320w PSU (soon to be upgraded to around 700W0
2 x SATA HDD

I hope some of this info comes in handy with trying to find the problem. This is my first real custom build and i'm not very good with PC Troubleshooting!

Best Regards

Dan

Edited by hamluis, 14 January 2011 - 05:17 PM.
Removed log, moved to Win 7 per OP request .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MKCL

MKCL

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:35 PM

To start with I would suggest you test the memory RAM;

Use this or/and This

Check your Bios has the latest Bios update.

You might want to check if your virtual ram is kinda low..

Posted Image

"It takes an intelligent fool to make things bigger and more complex..... It takes a touch of genius to move in the opposite direction"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users