Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I restore Windows Games

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bill253

Bill253

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

Hi All,

In an attempt to remove some of the junk in this PC mistakenly included the default games included with XP (solitaire, spider, hearts, etc.). Is there a simple way to restore these without going to a backup? :o I also managed to remove Windows Explorer, but managed to reinstall that off the MS website. B)

I had recently done a backup with Acronis (WD users edition), and have the original XP install disks.

The computer in question is a HP pavilion ze4125 running Windows XP SP3.

My wife really likes her card games, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill253

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Go to Control panel - add remove programs - add remove Windows components on the left of that screen.
The games are under accessories and utilities. Check the ones you want and it shuld reinstall them.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 Bill253

Bill253
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:09 PM

That was easy! :dance:

Thanks so much for the helpful and quick response. Sending a virtual sunflower to you in the Sunflower State.

One thing I might add for anyone else who might be interested. You have to have administrator privileges in order to add/remove Windows components (Which I had when I removed them in the first place).

See, I knew it was a hardware error all along - nut behind the keyboard.

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

Always check for a short between the keyboard and the chair as a first step in any troubleshooting issue! :hysterical:

Glad it was easy!
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users