Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with antivirus scan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 JoelyHarrison

JoelyHarrison

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:03 AM

After following the prep guide for removing malware, I couldnt create any of the logs. I can download the programmes but when i try and run them I get this message 'Application cannot be executed. The file cmd.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?' as I do when i try and run any .exe.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,711 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

Hi JoelyHarrison,

Welcome to Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal (VTSMR) forum. I am going to assist you with your problem.

Please refrain from making any changes to your system (scanning or running other tools, updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might interfere with our fixes. In case of making changes I shall assume my assistance is not needed any more. Thank you.

I read from your previous post that you have run Malwarebytes, so you should be able to run .exe?

• Please tell me the version and edition of your Windows. Also tell me if you have a Windows Vista or Windows 7 whether it is x32 (x86) or x64 bit system.
  • Please download OTL by OldTimer.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the OTL icon on your desktop.
  • Check the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
  • Check the "Standard Output".
  • Click Run Scan button.
  • Two reports will open, copy and paste them to your reply:
  • OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
  • Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
[/list]If you need to rename OTL.exe to otl.com or otl.scr to run it please first do the following:

Please set your system to show all files:
  • Click Start, open Control Panel, open Folder Options.
  • Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading, check Show hidden files and folders.
  • Uncheck: Hide file extensions for known file types
  • Uncheck: Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
  • Click Yes to confirm.

#3 JoelyHarrison

JoelyHarrison
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:18 PM

Hi.
Really sorry Ive been a.w.o.l for the last few days but my laptop literally died on me. Froze at the very first loading screen. So I leave it a few days then go to turn it back on out of hope and it all loads up fine, with no sign of the malware anymore.
Is there anything I can run to make sure it has definately gone because AVG and malwarebytes are coming back with nothing.
Thanks

#4 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,711 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

Yes there is a way.

Please visit Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help, follow the steps and post the logs here for review.

#5 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,711 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:08 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users