Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Picture and fax viewer auto-shutdown

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cjeweler

cjeweler

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

I have a slide show in my store window that I want to leave running for a couple of hours after I go home. So I want to shut down the slide show in the picture and fax viewer and turn off the computer. I found a little app that nicely shuts down the computer but have not figured out how to shut down down the slide show first.

Please help
thanks and happy new year to all!
C

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 666philb

666philb

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

Hi cjeweler,

I would have thought that the Picture and fax viewer would close automatically when the program shuts the computer down?

If not, i've tried this on mine with a slideshow running and it turns it all off.
http://www.den4b.com/?x=products&product=shutter

Edited by 666philb, 16 January 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#3 cjeweler

cjeweler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:43 AM

Thanks... that is what I have been doing- for the last week and all seems to be ok. Was not sure if It was going to cause me problems. So I posted my question.
thanks for your response,
Chris

#4 666philb

666philb

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:15 AM

It's absolutely fine to close the application this way :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users