Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hotfix for windows

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Teisei

Teisei

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

recently my computer has been acting strange... browsers keep freezing, one game doesn't work unless i use combofix first and even then i have to try and start it a couple times before it actually starts and lastly on games screen goes black if i tab out and back in.

one game i know hasn't been updated because its a single player game.
the other game apparently hasn't had any server updates or any thing so they don't know why it would be going to a black screen.

looking at the add and remove programs i see a couple updates that have been added and cant be removed... and i DO NOT have auto-matic updates turned on. (the date they installed is the date i started having troubles and i don't know of any other changes and i cant find any viruses or any thing else)

Hotfix for windows XP kb954550-v5
Windows Imagin Component
Windows Genuin Advantage Validation Tool
Hotfix for Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 KB953595
Microsoft.NET Framworks 3.0 SP2
- WPF_1
- WCF
- WPF2_32
- XPS
- WPF_Other
- WF_32
- WCS
.NET Frameworks CRT
.NET Framwork PreXP
Dr. Watson
.Net Framework 1
.net Framework 2
.Net Framework ASP. NEt
.NET Framework WinForms
.Net Framework CA
.NET Framework CLR

dose any one have any idea what one of these might be causing it and how to uninstall and block crap from auto-maticly installing on my computer... this kinda crap is the exact reason i don't have auto-updater on. >.>

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:36 AM

Since you ran Combofix I would suggest having it analyzed here:

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

#3 Teisei

Teisei
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

Hmmm... for some reason this post didn't post last time... and i don't feel like redoing the whole post again.
so in short i DO NOT have auto updater on but some how i got some new updates that cant be removed and since the updates some of my games don't work well or at all and my browsers lag up and some times firefox freezes completely.

most of them seem to be just updates to things that i already had like .net... but some like windows "verifier" and "hotfix for windows XP" where not there before.

any one have any idea what one it is and how to remove it?... also would like to remove any i don't really need.. such as the verifier im like 99% sure i don't need.

i have already run combofix, avast, drwe bcure it, hijack this and eset to try and find if it is a virus or some thing else but doesn't seem to be.

Edited by hamluis, 18 January 2011 - 04:47 PM.
Merged topics.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

To find any topics or posts which you have made...all you have to do is click on your profile/picture in the upper right-hand corner of any page at the BC site...select My Profile, then click either the Topics or Posts tab.

I've merged today's post with your former topic.

Since a suggestion was made that you initiate a malware thread, I take it that you choose to ignore such suggestion.

Louis

#5 Teisei

Teisei
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

i did check my profile for the thread. o.o?
weird.....

#6 Teisei

Teisei
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

i don't think it found any thing but the new post is up.

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Removal Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MR Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users