Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer blackscreened?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zinus

Zinus

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

Hey I bought a Lenovo ideacentre a couple months back; it was working fantastically until a day or two ago. My daughter got on it and may have done something, I'm not completely sure. The screen is black now, it seems to be stuck that way as turning it off and on does nothing.

It appears the computer is still running it just seems that the screen is not displaying for one reason or another. There is an emblem on the bottom right highlighted that I don't remember seeing on labeled "TV", could this be the problem?

Sorry but I could not find any information about this through searches, please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

You are most likely sending your video signal out of the rear port, or tv port instead of main monitor.

What is the TV output format? Svideo, hdmi? plug it into the tv so you can see whats going on!

There is probably a shortcut key combination to switch output modes and she hit it by playing.

From an ad:
"Featuring all the latest advancements of the Lenovo IdeaCentre series, the IdeaCentre B320 is both a regular TV and a computer. With just a switch of a button users can select the TV mode or the PC mode or enable both with the picture-in-picture function. The display supports FullHD and multi-touch." (((Which button!!!)))

Maybe go to lenovo site. Is there a physical switch on the side of the thing?

Edited by FrankOtheMountaiN, 13 January 2011 - 06:08 PM.

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

#3 Zinus

Zinus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:17 PM

The TV port on the back is not HDMI, it looks similar to a microphone jack, not really sure. I thought this as well but I have no idea what the quick swap buttons would be.

I looked at the computer, all I could find was a button on the back but I can't distingish what it actually does.

*Edit: although there are HDMI ports, I just assumed since they weren't labeled "TV" they weren't important".

*Edit: This is my model, if it helps http://picom.priceindia.in/computer/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Lenovo-Ideacentre-A300.jpg*

*Edit: found this if it helps "An integrated hybrid analog/digital TV tuner means you can use the A300 just like a normal HD television, but with the added benefit of digitally recording TV programs.*

Edited by Zinus, 13 January 2011 - 06:28 PM.

#4 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:06 AM

Please look on the laptop for the exact model number. The link you gave is for a monitor. You are in the wrong display mode.

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users