Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Indyboy2

Indyboy2

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 10 December 2005 - 06:52 PM

Maybe someone can please give me a hand with this asus board im having trouble with it a socket 478 board p4p800 se link http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2...179&modelmenu=1 .Well everything was running great the only problem i had was the memory speed would post incorrectly but asus had a bios fix for this flashed the bios seemed like all as well but about two hours later i shut the computer down came back from lunch and rebooted the machine well the bios screen was all garbled and lines gets into windows its on but the screen will flash about once every 3 or four min. Has patriot 3200 memory 1024 mb ,leadtek ti4800 se flashed to the latest bios ,pentium 4 2.8 533 fsb cpu.Any ideas whats going on was going to try another video card just dont have another agp card lying around will go look for one maybe you guys know whats up .Seems like every asus board i ever touched always has issues imop : :thumbsup: oh and it will not let me flash back to a prior bios error comes up bios is to old this is like the 5th asus board iv had issues with i have bad luck with these boards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:57 PM

Dear Indy,

I am really sorry you are having so many problems with ASUS mother boards. I use a lot of ASUS products and two mother boards are part of them.

You say the memory posts incorrectly? What do you mean? The memory will show a loss for onboard sound and video.

Are you using onboard video? Also, Windows takes a portion of your memory as well. For example, I have 2 GB Ram but only 1.4 available.

ASUS makes some great stuff but they are bad explaining it. They also will let you update your BIOS using there "flash" system but they do not warn you that it won't work with your mother board.

You downloaded the wrong BIOS. I know because you have an 800FSB and the BIOS you downloaded has a 533FSB.

That's ok. You need to download the right one. Wait! Something I want you to know. ASUS downloads must be done individually. One at time.

That means you download the update and you restart the computer for every one!

Believe me when I say this! I have an ASUS P4C800-E and had to wipe my computer three times due to my impatience.

Oh and lastly, don't believe everything ASUS says. If your computer is working good don't fix it.

There is much more I can tell you about ASUS but this post is getting long.

Let me know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#3 Indyboy2

Indyboy2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:12 AM

well ,this board has no onboard video,the memory would post the wrong speed not the wrong amount it would as 266 memory speed in the bios splash screen ,the new bios corrected this is shows up as 333 but now i am having video issues bios screen all dots and lines .I finally got it to reflash to the original bios still am having problems i am going to try another video card when i can get a agp card to try.I am using an audigy sound card with on board disabled.I have a pentium 4 533 fsb so that rules that out.I use the afudos flash tool from asus

#4 Indyboy2

Indyboy2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:10 PM

got a radeon 9000 to try all is well looks like the video card is at fault thanks for the replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users