Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DOS COMMANDS FOR BLEEPING XP BOOT DISK

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 longlivexpBLUE

longlivexpBLUE

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

I lost my Computer to ANTIMALWARE DOCTOR.
I have downloaded the Bleeping XP BOOTUP FLOPPY DISK.
It appears to begin in DOS MODE.
The Big thing is I do not know DOS at all.What I believe I need are the command line entries to Open
msconfig,task manager,system restore(with which if I am lucky I may restore to an earlier time where my PC still functioned normally).
Msconfig and Task Manager will give me the StartUp Processes to kill .
I will probably need to list,then GOOGLE their definitions before killing the appropriate Processes.
I am looking for someone who has had this similar Computer Infection and knows the Command Line entries I
need to open the necessary Applications and such.I need all the entries fromm scratch.

My OS system is WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION
LEE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

What happens when the system tries to boot?
Did you get the XP boot floppies from this site? I didnt know we had them available.

"What I believe I need are the command line entries to Open msconfig,task manager,system restore"
No can do from a command prompt Im afraid. Those are Windows functions.
Viruses love to hide in system restore. That way if you attempt to remove the bug by just doing a system restore it comes right back!

Here is the tutorial for removing Antimalware Doctor if you would like to try it. Its a pretty straight forward removal.

If you would like, we can request that your thread be moved so that our Malware Response Team can take a look for you. They are pretty busy folks so the tutorial is recommended as a first step.

Let us know.
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users