Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi on my laptop works, but not LAN

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Toasteroven

Toasteroven

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

I have a toshiba M105-S3041 laptop. I have had this laptop for about 2-3 years. This laptop has a broken screen, and it is connected to an external moniter and is used as a desktop. Therefore, it allowed me to connect to both wifi and lan connection. I often used both my wifi and lan connection on this laptop, when I suddenly realized that the internet connection was gradually becoming slower every day. Eventually, both wifi and lan connection failed until I plugged the LAN cord out of the computer. Since then, the wifi connection on the laptop is working great, but never the lan connection. I have tried the same thing on other routers, only with the same results. What is wrong with the computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Desion

Desion

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

Have your checked your computers for any viruses?
Interesting Links:
Softpedia - Online downloads encyclopedia
W3Schools - Website Programming Tutorials
PC World - Everything about technology
Wikipedia - Online Encyclopedia
Photobucket - Free Image Hosting

"I don't support network bridges, they support me."

#3 Toasteroven

Toasteroven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:47 PM

I have just gotten rid of a horrible virus, but my computer seems to be clean at this moment. Sorry for the late response

#4 Desion

Desion

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

It is best to be sure that your computers are clean of virus, i would goto the Am I infected? What do I do? section of the forum and ask for help checking for viruses due to a computer that appears to be creating network problems for other computers on your network when connected via LAN.
Interesting Links:
Softpedia - Online downloads encyclopedia
W3Schools - Website Programming Tutorials
PC World - Everything about technology
Wikipedia - Online Encyclopedia
Photobucket - Free Image Hosting

"I don't support network bridges, they support me."

#5 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

I have just gotten rid of a horrible virus, but my computer seems to be clean at this moment. Sorry for the late response

Where were you assisted in the virus removal? I see you were getting assistance here but that thread was closed due to lack of response from you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users