Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mother Board battery Replacement Dell 8400

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Catboat Willy

Catboat Willy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

Hi, This is my first post but have used Bleeping Computer before to resolve various problems without posting. So thanks in advance !

OK Here goes. I have a old Dell 8400 running Windows XP (Runs at 3.2 M with 4 g's of memory. It runs very reliably and have had little problems.

Recently, on start up, I received a message that the 'System Battery is low press F-1 to continue' I read on the forum the details on how to hot swap the mother board battery. I did so and that went off without a hitch. But with the new Battery in place, I still get the same message on start up telling me that the battery is low as mentioned above. I've eliminated the obvious; incorrectly placed battery, old battery; battery seems tight in battery socket.

I'm stumped as to what to do next. Anyone have any ideas as to what my next action should be to eliminate this message ?

Thanks,
Bill

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:13 AM

Check for a bios update.

#3 Catboat Willy

Catboat Willy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:40 PM

Hi Allen,
Hope you are not freezing in my old home state of New Jersey ! This computer is running the latest edition of the BIOS from Dell. Are you saying I should try and down load the BIOS again ?
Thanks,
Bill

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:38 AM

I'm originally from Brooklyn and have been living in NJ for a VERY long time. And one of my posts when I was in the service was in Fairbanks. Nah - I'm not cold :)

Installing the newest bios is simply one of the troubleshooting steps for your problem, but if you're sure you already have it that's fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users