Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are Daily SR Points Possible on Win7?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chrischris

chrischris

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

I'm using Win7/64 Premium. I'm unable to generate scheduled daily System Restore points (weekly OK). I've been told several times that Win7 cannot generate daily points....a MS MVP (after telling me this on another forum) actually wrote me a script so that I could do daily points. But I recently came across another person who is able to generate daily points in the "original" Win7. So now I'm confused...is the answer different between basic and premium? Or 32 vs 64? Does anyone have an authoritative answer to this? Thnx.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/3195/create-a-system-restore-point-in-windows-7/

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

I highly recommend, you use Erunt: http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/ as system restore supplement.
Manual: http://pcug.org.au/boesen/ERUNT/ERUNT.htm
In my opinion, it's better, then System Restore, and I use it on all my Windows versions.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#4 chrischris

chrischris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

Queenie...that link doesn't work if you want a daily restore.

Broni...I've never liked ERUNT, you can't automatically create daily points and delete the old ones.

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

you can't automatically create daily points and delete the old ones

Yes, you can.
ERUNT creates daily point automatically, up to 10 of them (this can be adjusted).
11th one will erase 1st one, 12th will erase 2nd one and so on...

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#6 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:23 AM

...I've never liked ERUNT, you can't automatically create daily points and delete the old ones.

ERUNT's automatic backup utility, (autoback.exe) creates an automatic Registry backup during the first boot up each day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users