Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'enable' native mode

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 computercraze

computercraze

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:58 AM

Hi All,

While installing xp pro sp3 on my Presario V3035tu, i had to "disable" native mode of Sata (BIOS V. F.39). Now i followed below instructions:

[* Download the Intel Matrix Storage Manager software
* Run it, by default it will save some files to C:\ before it runs setup and tells you that the software is not supported - (this step did not occur)
* Now open up a command prompt, go to the folder where the files were extracted and run the following command to extract the driver files: "setup -A -P"path of the extracted files" (without the quotes and there may be a space or not between -P and the path, depending on your version of the driver)
* Accept the license agreement, it extracts some files. The files you're interested in are now in a "Driver" subfolder of the original folder and include the following :iaahci.cat, iaahci.inf, iastor.cat, iastor.inf, iastor.sys, TXTSSETUP.OEM
* Now go to Device Manager, under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers you should see something like : Intel 82801GBM (ICH7-M Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller
* Right-Click on that and select Update Driver
* Say no to connecting to Windows Update to search, hit Next
* Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), hit Next
* Select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install", hit Next
* Select Have Disk
* Browse to the Driver folder and highlight the iastor.inf file, hit Open
* Select OK
(I am stuck here.... the file "iastor.inf" isn't seen.)

Is there a way out?
Is there any other way to "enable" Navtive mode
discovering the 01 world

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users