Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dadutchman

Dadutchman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:53 AM

Hello,
I am having trouble removing some registry values much as the above described. I have downloaded the groupfix batch file and I can successfully execute it. That gives me a minute window where everything is fine, and then the values keep getting reset back to having regedit and system restore off by group policy. Malwarebytes finds the two registry problems everytime I scan, however does not seem to actually remove them. Attached here is the report before telling it to remove them.

When i tell Malewarebytes to remove them it says it has sucessfully and asks for a reboot, upon completion, nothing has changed. I have been stuck in this loop for a few hours, and am going to attempt to run the groupfix seconds before I tell malwarebytes to delete them, but have little hope.

EDIT: Through more research, and 6 hours of work, I believe I have finally defeated this thing using a Kaspersky deep root scan. I am now installing all of the Windows updates. I am feeling much better about the security of my pc, have AVG 9.0 up and running again, but if there is anything I need to do now to make sure its really gone, or to better protect myself in the future that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files

Edited by Dadutchman, 12 January 2011 - 02:10 PM.
Split to AII. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users