Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I know this is a sketcy question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 redsox25

redsox25

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:25 AM

My windows died on me the other day. I had linux on my system for a while that I never used so I've been using that as of late. My problem is, I had a bunch of passwords saved in google chrome on my old system. I was wondering if there was a way to access those passwords from my linux system. I know I can still see all my old files but I wouldn't have a clue where to look. I feel like this would be a big security flaw if you could do this so I suspect there isn't a way to do this. But I figured I'd ask anyways.

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 12 January 2011 - 10:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:52 PM

Take a look here: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/chromepass.html

ChromePass is a small password recovery tool that allows you to view the user names and passwords stored by Google Chrome Web browser. For each password entry, the following information is displayed: Origin URL, Action URL, User Name Field, Password Field, User Name, Password, and Created Time.
You can select one or more items and then save them into text/html/xml file or copy them to the clipboard.

Never used this particular application, but I have used other nirsoft tools before. So I can't vouch for the application itself.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users