Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Card with Commitment Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BenJaMann

BenJaMann

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

Hey all,
Just moved my room around and having some trouble with my PC's wireless card, it is active and shows the network that I need to connect to for my internet to work but when I double click it and put in the password it takes about 5 minutes trying to connect then gives up.
I have a feeling it keeps detecting then dropping the connection, it doesnt even attempt to connect to the network.
Used to have this problem as well but jut ran an ethernet cord to it, the wireless actually was working just before the move but now isn't. Pretty certain that it's my computer and not the router. Would be grateful of any help.. Let me know if you want more details.
Thanks.

(Running Windows XP)

Edited by Blade Zephon, 12 January 2011 - 05:57 AM.
Moving to a more appropriate forum. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Desion

Desion

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

I am thinking your wireless connection may be trying to authenticate with a certificate, try going to the link below and follow what it says.

Click Here
Interesting Links:
Softpedia - Online downloads encyclopedia
W3Schools - Website Programming Tutorials
PC World - Everything about technology
Wikipedia - Online Encyclopedia
Photobucket - Free Image Hosting

"I don't support network bridges, they support me."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users