Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A way to make all images, and images alone, brighter in Firefox?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 andrewset

andrewset

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

Is there a plug-in, add-on, or any way at all to make it so that images viewed in Firefox, and images alone, are brighter than everything else? So text won't be affected, nor plain solid colors used as background colors for web pages. The reason being that my computer's brightness, contrast, and gamma are all set to 0% thru the NVIDIA Control Panel for the sake of my eyes (when I watch movies they're way too dark this way so I set them instead at 50%, but once I close the movie I have to set them back to 0% because the brightness attacks my eyes otherwise). I'm happy with that minimum brightness level in every way except images. I always wished any and all images--jpgs, pngs, gifs, bmps, etc.--could have their own brightness setting, either on my computer as a whole or just in my Firebox browser. I'd like to make all images and only images about 25-75% brighter than normal. I don't need suggestions to increase the general brightness, even a little, or else my eyes will notice the difference because even just a basic solid white background like the one I'm typing on now would then be too bright for my liking.
Again, I'm only looking for a way to make all images, even if just limited to specifically jpgs, gifs, and pngs, receive their own brightness level, separate from anything else, either all images viewed on the machine, or, what I assume is more likely to exist, just all images viewed on the Firefox browser. I've been manually setting the brightness level myself when I'd need to see images better, such as when browsing on eBay or Google Image Search, so that I can see images at the expense of hurting my eyes until the task was done, but if I could set the brightness of images alone/separately from all else, it would be a win-win all the time. The closest I've seen to something like this is in an image-viewing/editing software I sometimes use as a graphic artist called ACDSee, which has its own setting in its Options called "Enable gamma correction:" which I always have set to the maximum of 3.00. If some option like that were possible for images and images alone in the Firefox browser, for example, that would do the trick.
What I'm looking for may not exist, but if you know of a plug-in or some way to do it, I'm all ears. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users