Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need new driver

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 swindledestron

swindledestron

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

ok i just reinstalled windows xp pro on a new hdd for my comp. need the audio driver for msi motherboard, ms7095.version 1 hope that is the model number. tried msi website but i think they no longer support that board. tried google did not find anything either. very frustrating to watch video without audio with it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:40 PM

That is not your motherboard model number.

The model will be something like this K9MM-V or P4MAM2-V (these are examples so you will know what to look for).

To find your board model, download, install, then run Belarc Advisor

When the scan finishes, you will receive a report of your system. Look at the section Main Circuit Board, next to Board will be the model number. This is what you will need to use when looking for the audio drivers.

Is your system custom built or an off-the-shelf system? If it's off-the-shelf, what is the make and model? You may be able to find the driver you need at the computer manufacturer website.

Finally, while still looking at the Belarc report, is there a device name under Multimedia, and if there, what is it?

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:26 PM

P4MAM2-V - that's the one: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P4MAM2-V.html

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

Thank you Broni. I did a search of ms7095.version 1 and everything I found had it associated with
P4MAM2-V which is why I included it as an example.

The other one was the board from my previous system (I still have the box the board came in which has the model number on it)

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:13 PM

Posted Image

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

Broni, THANK YOU!!!!

(sorry for taking your topic off-topic swindledestron)

#7 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:12 PM

Ahh, hopefully we'll be forgiven :)

My Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users