Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Using Recovery Discs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 maximumrock

maximumrock

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:37 PM

It was suggested that i make a new thread regarding a problem my pops is having with his laptop (HP g60-235dx w/ Windows Vista Home Premium)

The old thread (see http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic370431.html) was about a Vista Activation Key problem after having a virus issue......

My dad now has the recovery discs from HP....When he tries to use it, he often gets this error

The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible?

1. Insert your windows installation disc & restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

Enter=Continue?

He either gets that or a blue screen as shown in the file attached to this thread.. After looking at some google search results regarding that error (provided by moderater 'hamluis' in previous thread), it seems that this hd may be toast?

Thoughts or suggestions that i can have my dad do? I wont be around to help him for a few weeks, as he lives 4 hrs away..

thx in advance!

-max

Attached Files

Edited by maximumrock, 11 January 2011 - 08:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 maximumrock

maximumrock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

anyone?

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:03 AM

I would call HP and have them guide you through the recovery/restoration process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users