Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freeze on start up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sktrojan

sktrojan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

Hi Guys,
I'm having a problem with my computer. I'm using the gateway dx desktop series with 4GB of RAM, 250GB hard drive, dual core processors.
Anyways, my problem is that my computer keep freezing when it tries to boot into windows. When i tried to restore the computer to factory settings, it'd froze too. If it doesn't freeze then it'd get a blue screen and shuts down. Initially, I thought it was my hard drive, but when i put in my other hard drives the problem is still there. Next, I'm thinking its my RAMS, but I have 2 sticks and i've tried them individually but it does the same thing. I find it hard to believe both of them are bad. Right now I can't do anything with it except boot pass the start up. If anyone came across this problem or have a suggest, your help would be appreciate. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 denako

denako

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

Have you tried booting in safe mode ?
http://randomforumtitle.com - Unofficial Deadmau5 Forums

#3 sktrojan

sktrojan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:29 PM

Yes, it froze after loading all the drivers. It never reached the windows screen. I have tried to put a different RAM in it doesn't freeze anymore. But I'm still getting the blue screen and shuts down. could it be that i'm not using the right ram for that motherboard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users