Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death and inability to boot up

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dhpinkdh

dhpinkdh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:17 PM

Thanks in advance,

I have been having problems with my computer for a couple months.

The BSOD error is:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8000C3A2CF5, 0xFFFFF880009ABAF8, 0xFFFFF880009AB350)

Usually after happening-like today (when Firefox and Steam were the only programs running) the computer has trouble booting up again. It will give me the option to start in safe mode and after selecting 'start windows in safe mode' it will restart again or the screen will just go black. Or it won't start up at all- It will turn on but my screen will remain black and it will never make that second beeping noise that lets me know its going to start up.

My usual solution is waiting a little while and trying it multiple times until it manages to boot up.

My friends thought it was a driver issue when the problem first presented itself a few months ago, so I updated all the drivers and stopped using my new keyboard.

It continued happening so we came to the conclusion that my power supply wasn't strong enough, was 250watts and bought a 600watt power supply that I replaced it with, I also bought a new video card.

I also reformatted, where it made an old windows folder that I deleted.

After replacing these parts my computer worked fine for a while, but now the BSODs are starting up again.

I have been getting help from friends for my computer problems but I want to try to fix this myself, any advice you have is greatly appreciated. I have basic computer knowledge, but the last piece of advice my friend told me was to boot TDSSKILLER.exe from a flash drive because he suspects its a rootkit. Should this be my next step?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users