Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

spam filters

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pouringreign

pouringreign

• Members
  • 231 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

So far I have tried Spam Fighter but it conflicts with other software in my computer. I like spambully, but people go to spam that should not, even though it was trained to put emails in inbox. Personally, I would like to trust that all my spam is spam. I am looking for a filter that interfaces with outlook, doesn't change any settings, and is user friendly. I have tried cloudmark and might end up trying it again, but it seems to be so-so.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:06 PM

I use MailWasher Pro but there is a free version too. http://www.mailwasher.net/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:19 PM

+1

Malwasher is a good program but I dont think it interfaces directly with Outlook.
Its a filter so run it first. You can blacklist entire domains, which is real nice.
Once it is trained a little bit it works great
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 pouringreign

pouringreign
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 231 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

As you said mailwasher is a good program, I do agree. However what I am looking for is the spam filter working inside of outlook, separating spam and good emails. I have used spamfighter with fairly good results however if conflicts with my wife's computer. Seems to interfer with Goggle Synch. Spam Bully seemed good with the interface, however I'm annoyed that good emails end up in spam even when I put them on the allowed list.
I do want to find a spam filter to use, maybe I'm hoping for too much. I even tried Cloudmark, but really wasn't that impressed. <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users