Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

intellisync for yahoo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gramps1201

gramps1201

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

After getting an update either from Mac or Microsoft, I now get a pop up 'alert' screen that say "you are about to sync the following info with yahoo, CONTACTS .... What would you like to do for this first sync?
Merge data and yahoo (or a second choice) replace data on this computer."

It has a yahoo (Y with an ! ) in the alert box, and I have contacted yahoo about this, and they say to uninstall this "make sure to exit intellisync for yahoo, 2. click the start button on the taskbar, 3. select settings, then control panels, 4. click add/remove programs, 5. double click intell for yahoo, 6. follow instructions and then restart.

None of these instructions seem to apply to my MAC and the only thing I found in apps was "i-sync" and I trashed that.

I still get this "alert" every 30-45 min or so.

I have an I-phone that I sync with i-tunes, but I don't want to sync all of my accounts on or with yahoo.

Can someone help with removing this ?

Thanks in advance
Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 davidanders

davidanders

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:45 PM

It is possible that a toolbar in your browser is the problem.
Yahoo's toolbar is installed by many applications, especially free apps.
If you use Safari or FireFox, does the message appear if the browser is not open?
If it does not appear, it is a toolbar.
If you create a new user in System Preferences, login as that user, and it does not appear, it is localized to your regular user.
David Anders
The Computer Guy, Seattle
My Allexperts Stats

#3 gramps1201

gramps1201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:04 PM

David, thanks for the help. It doesn't appear if I log in as a guest, but when I go back to my 'admin' log in, which is what I use, it appears right back.
What can I do or where do I look to delete this?
Thanks again

#4 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

Run a search fro yahoo and/or intellisync with Spotlight. If you hover the cursor over the items it should show the path to them. Delete them if there are any hits.
iSync is a Mac app that came with your Mac and shouldn't have been the cause to your problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users