What is the make and model of this computer?
What operating system are you running?
Please try the following:Download NTBR_CD.exe
and create a bootable CD.
* Save the file to your Desktop and double-click it. This will create a folder named NTBR_CD
* Open the folder and locate BurnItCD
. Launch it by double-clicking it.
* When BurnCDCC
opens, click Start
- the CD tray will open.
* Insert blank CD and click OK
* The tray will close, burn the image then eject the disk.Run chkdsk
* Boot the affected computer with the new CD.
(You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order.)
* Once presented with the boot screen please hit <ENTER> to boot from CD.
* After a warning screen there is a keyboard language options screen - press <ENTER> to leave it at EN-US.
You should now be at the Tool options
* Type 5
and press <ENTER> to go to a command prompt.
At the command prompt type the following bolded
command then press <ENTER> tools\ntfs4dos\chkdsk
You will be prompted (in German) to press Enter.
* Press <ENTER> to start the check disk utility.
Check Disk will check all attached drives and attempt to correct any errors. Please make a note of any errors found or corrections made.
* When it completes type "menu"
and press <ENTER> to return to the tools menu.
* Type 6
and press <ENTER> to quit, then Ctrl+Alt+Del
Allow the computer to attempt booting normally and let me know the outcome.