Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Schnaeur

Schnaeur

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

My computer is fast, but it has one problem. When I try to accecc IE immediately after startyp it takes a full 2 minutes to be able to access Google, my home page. Once running, Google comes up immediately and is accessable immediately. I have been working with microsoft support, online, but they have not been able to find the problem. They emailed me 10 times with ten different possible solutions to my problem, but we have gotten nowhere. At this time, I do not believe my computer has a virus, malicious spyware, a trojan or any other computer illness. If anyone can offer any possible solutions, please advise. ......Thanks, Schnaeur

Edited by hamluis, 12 January 2011 - 09:08 AM.
PM'd OP, requested that new post be initiated in proper O/S forum and advised that this topic will be deleted since it does not belong in Introductions ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:49 PM

Welcome to BC :).

What version of Windows are you running? Once you provide that info, we can move your topic to the appropriate forum for action by members.

FWIW: The delay of 2 minutes, IME, is not bad. When I used a 3d-party firewall, I routinely had such delays before Windows would function...i don't experience that when I use the Windows firewall.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 11 January 2011 - 07:21 PM.

#3 fredkenn

fredkenn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

As time goes on and more stuff get installed on a PC I have noticed that it takes longer for windows XP/Vista/7 to FULLY load. These days I watch my hard drive light blink allot after startup. I do not even log on or try to launch any program until the HD light just flickers a little. Then it should be more responsive. IE-8 dose take allot longer to load the first time after a restart and even longer if you launch it as soon as you see your desktop. Waite till the HD light slows down and it should load faster. After you have had it open for awhile close it and see how much faster it loads. I have been using Google Chrome lately and it works much faster than IE-8 or 7. Turning off all the toolbars and pulgins helps also.

Hope this helps, God Bless - Fred

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users