Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer freezing. need Hijack log analysis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 44guy

44guy

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

I send a prior message and attached a Hijack this log copy.

The response I received asks for this Log again.

Apparently, it did not go through as an attachment, so I will try again by attaching it to this message.

Basically, I have XP on a Gateway ML 3109 Laptop which has a Celeron processor, not the greatest but sufficient for my purposes which is mostly word processing and internet use.

Of late, the computer has been freezing while idling on the internet. I have
broadband high speed service.

This happens sometime also when I am not on the internet.

Start up has gotten very slow, so I did delete some programs from startup using msconfig.

I made a Hijack This Log which I am attaching. Please analyze same for me.

Note that I regularly clean the disk and defrag same. also use Malabye software and
MRU blaster as well as Anti Spyware. I also clear the cache fairly regularly by using flushdns in DOS.
I am beginning to think this may also be a heat problem. Advice?
Thanks for your help.

44 Guy

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

Good evening. :)

HijackThis is no longer widely used due to it's failures to keep up with the changing face of malware. The link that Orange Blossom posted in your thread here points to a thread that lists a number of steps, including the use of a log producing tool called DDS - this is a replacement for HijackThis.
As OB posted, you need to follow the instructions as best you can and if you cannot complete a step, skip it. Once you have done so, start a NEW thread, post a brief description of your problem and include the two logs that DDS produces as the instructions say.
The reason that you need to start a new thread is that Helpers will review those with zero replies and my posting to this one will cause it to be overlooked as already receiving help.

I'll close this one for the sake of tidiness.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users