Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijackthis,What should be done with this log file

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mycroft22

Mycroft22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:55 AM

I am running W764 and after leaving the system off for 3 weeks it now want to freeze and has trouble restarting. I suspect I may have some problems but need some advice.

Is it ok to delete any entries where the file is missing and is there anything obviously nasty in this log file.

Attached Files

Edited by boopme, 10 January 2011 - 11:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:52 PM

Good evening. :)

HijackThis is no longer widely used due to it's failures to keep up with the changing face of malware. Please follow steps six, seven and eight here and then start a NEW thread and post accordingly. Will you also include a brief description of your PC's issues, or just say that it's a look-see, and somebody will be along to help as soon as.

Is it ok to delete any entries where the file is missing

I wouldn't, without somebody reviewing your DDS logs.

To keep things tidy i'll lock this thread.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users