Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with colour on applications

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 The Sacred One

The Sacred One

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:51 AM

Hello

I have been using Photoshop CS4 for a long time on my laptop which has Vista Home Premium. However, two days back, I noticed that my brush strokes on the photoshop canvas was appearing like a gradient, from the top corner to the bottom. Originally, I thought this was because of an effect I used, but upon testing it on a blank background, I still noticed the problem was there. And here I was thinking, that this was a problem with photoshop. Here are some screenshots.

http://i56.tinypic.com/esjihv.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/jhc8oy.jpg

I then set photoshop to default settings, with no luck at all. Then, I did a system restore, and when that didn't help, I tried to reinstall, which also didn't work. But then I had the crazy idea that this wasn't photoshop's problem, so I tried to do the same thing on MS Paint. I just drew a line from the top corner to the bottom, and guess what? Same thing! To make sure of this, I opened up MS Word, and made a rectangle, which confirmed that the colour DID appear as somewhat of a gradient. So I thought maybe, this was a problem with my laptop's screen. So, I connected the display to my TV using an HDMI cable, and there still weren't any differences.

So, I tried disabling my display driver, an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670. The problem was still there, on MS Word, Paint and photoshop.

I am very involved in digital painting, and with this problem, I really am having difficulties to do anything. All help would be greatly appreciated.

My laptop Specs:

Dell XPS 1640
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @2.53 GHz
4 GB DDR3 RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium service pack 2 32 bit
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government is a contrivance of human wisdom to provide for human wants. People have the right to expect that these wants will be provided for by this wisdom.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users