Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer wont power up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lumbert79

lumbert79

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:26 AM

(Warning I am not good at explaining things and I know nothing about the inside of my computer lol)
a few weeks ago my computer shut down while I was playing online it started right back up and was fine for about 3 hours then it shut down again but this time it would not load past the Dell screen. my brother in law told me to blow the dust out of it and I did and my computer worked fine for about a week and a half then shut down again,got stuck on the Dell Screen,so I cleaned it out again but then it stopped even loading to the Dell screen.
now it won't power on at all when I turn it on the fan turns on, the power light comes on and then it just shuts down and if I just leave it alone it will turn on and off all night,does anyone know what could be causing this? a few people told me it sounds like my power supply and my brother in law tested it and said it was getting the right amount of voltage but that I should probably replace it anyway..but I don't really have the money to spend on a bunch of different parts so if my power supply is fine I don't want to replace it.

I hope I explained this to where people actually understand lol
God Bless
Gayle

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

Check and make sure the fan on the CPU is spinning properly. When your brother in-law tested the PSU did he just simply test the power plug to the computer or did he actually test the output at the 24 pin connector?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users