Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need help removing my trojan, worm or virus

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jenny_shrp

jenny_shrp

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:37 PM

Hello,

I have been working the past few days to repair whatever is wrong with my pc and I am still facing trouble. I have scanned with several programs suggested by the topic I was in previously:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic371937.html/page__gopid__2087227#entry2087227

And I was told I should come here. If you follow the before link, you will see I have tried to work with members to get rid of whatever problem I am having.

I am now attaching my logs from a DDS scan however; the GMER scan will freeze my entire pc before I get to save a log. Attached are the DDS logs and the defogger log showing I disabled.

If anyone knows what is going on with my pc and can help me, I would greatly appreciate the help. I am so lost in what to do!
Attached File  defogger_disable.log   480bytes   1 downloads
Attached File  DDS.txt   17KB   6 downloads
Attached File  Attach.txt   22.44KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,651 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

hi jenny_shrp,

Your log is a few days old. If you still need help simply reply back and we will start.

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

#3 jenny_shrp

jenny_shrp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:13 PM

Yes, I am still having a problem. Every time I try to scan with anti virus the BSOD comes up and restarts the PC. I have not done anything with the PC since my last posts. I am usng my laptop until I can either fix whatever is wrong with my PC or I buy another tower.

#4 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:03 PM

So when you scan with Defender Pro you get the BSOD? If Gmer causes problems we can use something else. Have you tried running Defender Pro or whatever AV is causing the BSOD in safe mode? To reach safe mode you would tap the f8 key during a computer restart, chose the first option from the list: safe mode. Log in to your normal account, once at the safe mode desktop run the AV. afterwards reboot normally.

#5 jenny_shrp

jenny_shrp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

Yes, when I unstalled my expired anti-virus and reinstalled a new one, I was not able to install the deffender pro because it requires a initial scan before install however; the BSOD would appear. So I installed skipping that process and now when I try to scan it'll return to the blue screen. I posted on this website in a different forum and received tons of help, which involved malwarebytes scanning and various other tasks. I did remove a couple Vundo trojans but I think simething is still messed up with the PC. I cannot run the deffender pro in safe mode, I have tried and it says the task cannot be completed in safe mode. I do not think the anti-virus is any bad because I installed in on the lap top before trying the PC with no problems.

Is there another scan I can perform to verify any type of damage to the PC? I have already ran SCNDSK and the only problems it showed was empty drive space that had problems and the SCNDSK repaired that. I have ran super anti-spyware and that program found serveral things as well.

Because I initially posted in a different thread and was referred to repost here, I am not sure if it is possible to access the previous thread to view what exactly we did and the logs of particular scans. I am not familiar with trojans, the damage they do and how to repair any problems associated with them. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks :0)

#6 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

hi,

Thanks for the info. I did see your other post and read it. Dosnt look like Malwarebytes found anything other than MywebSearch, which is pretty tame compared to a lot of malware. The ESET scan didnt find anything. Superantispyware removed some items. I dont recognise any malware in your DDS log.

Other than the BSOD are you have any signs of malware, link below?

I believe there may be something going on with Defender Pro itself and Windows, ie: not a malware issue. Have you looked at any of these links.

I believe there was a suggestion to uninstall Dpro and install another antivirus, update and scan with the new AV which is a solution but if you purchased Defender Pro then you should post in there support forum as they will be the best source for help. If its a trial version then a uninstall followed by a new antivirus install may solve the problem.

#7 jenny_shrp

jenny_shrp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

Thanks for the reply. So I suppose my PC is not harmed however; the anti-virus conflicts with the PC. I am going to uninstall and install the before mentioned anti-virus. It is just that I bought DP 2011 and it stinks that it may be the problem itself. I apreciate your help! This website and all the people on it are awesome!!!

#8 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

Your welcome. If you purchased DPro then you should consider contacting there support with the issue, there may be a simple fix. or remove it via the add/remove programs panel, reboot and install another AV.
In any case you dont want to be without a working antivirus on your machine. Given the issue it may be ok functioning in the background like it should and just chokes on a scan or maybe there is more to it.
If you experience malware issues after you install another AV, then post back.

#9 jenny_shrp

jenny_shrp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

Ok, will do. Thanks again! :0)

#10 jenny_shrp

jenny_shrp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:46 AM

Okay, I am still getting the BSOD. My pc shuts down without warning and I have saved the log for that created by windows:

Windows has recovered from an unexpected shut down:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 24
BCP1: 001904AA
BCP2: A51A79E0
BCP3: A51A76DC
BCP4: 8A64E72D
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini012111-01.dmp
C:\Users\Jen & Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-81822-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Jen & Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER94B0.tmp.version.txt

Does this look like a windows problem or a infection?

#11 jenny_shrp

jenny_shrp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

Oh, not to forget that I mention my home page has been deleted out of my settings twice. It comes up as blank. I have no clue what is going on but I think I will be looking into a new pc.

#12 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:51 AM

Its a Windows problem. Can be caused by software or more frequently hardware. I assume you removed defender pro and still get the BSOD. The dmp file may provide the clues also the blue screen itself, if you take a look here.

#13 jenny_shrp

jenny_shrp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:48 AM

SO I see. The error message I get is

STOP: 000000024
NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
This Stop error indicates that a problem occurred within Ntfs.sys, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to drives formatted with the NTFS file system. (A similar Stop message, 000000023, exists for the file allocation table [FAT16 or FAT32)] file systems.)

I clicked the link to Troubleshooting Stop 024 or NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM Error Messages however; it seems the troubleshooting refers to Windows 2000.

I have a question. Do you think if I buy Windows and reinstall after fornmatting my entire pc that the problem will go away? Or, is it wiser to contribute a little more cash and just buy another tower? This is why I do not like preinstalled pc's with windows.Or should I uninstall every program on the pc and run a clean-up? Have any good pc clean up tools to rid the pc of files pertaining to installed programs?

Thanks!

#14 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

hi,

sorry for the delay.

Do you think if I buy Windows and reinstall after fornmatting my entire pc that the problem will go away

Yes its possible. If you have a commercial computer you may have a restore disk or a recovery partition on the HD so you wouldnt have to buy Windows.The best place for what you actually have and for reformatting/reinstall options would be the computer vendors website. Most have good guides, FAQ'S and how to's.

Or, is it wiser to contribute a little more cash and just buy another tower

The first option above is free, this one would cost money. I like free.

Or should I uninstall every program on the pc and run a clean-up? Have any good pc clean up tools to rid the pc of files pertaining to installed programs?

I dont think this would be worth the time or effort as far as a solution goes.

like preinstalled pc's with windows

I avoid them myself. I build my own and install the OS. Commercial pc are also loaded with useless bloatware. Even a laptop, I will wipe the hd and install the OS.

why dont you try running chkdsk on the hd:

chkdsk1
chkdsk2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users