Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Tools 2011 virus NEED HELP :-)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jasil

jasil

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

Windows XP Professional SP3 computer non administrative rights!! So, NO SAFE MODE!!

I can access the registry and delete the keys in "run" but the two random folders that generated on the C: I cannot delete.

The folder are random text 88b126fde62def9a and a40588757efab3b322d84ced. When I try to delete them I cannot. I tried using CMD to delete them I cannot just says access denied. I can't move them, change their name, or anything always access denied.

Currently nothing is happening on the computer, but since I can't access Safe mode to delete them nor download a unlocker due to the lack of admin rights I'm screwed.

Any tips? The computer has Symantec Endpoint, Malwarebytes, and Microsoft Essentials downloaded on it.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:32 AM

Windows XP Professional SP3 computer non administrative rights!! So, NO SAFE MODE!!

I can access the registry and delete the keys in "run" but the two random folders that generated on the C: I cannot delete.

The folder are random text 88b126fde62def9a and a40588757efab3b322d84ced.

These folders are NOT malware and you would be wise to leave them alone at this time. They are most likely folders that have been used to unpack compressed files during the installation or updating of programs, and it is common to find them on any system.

Regardless of your account's rights, you should have access to, and be able to start Windows in Safe Mode, logging into your usual account.

For a System Tools 2011 infection there is a removal guide:

Please use the removal guide at the following link:
Remove System Tool and SystemTool (Uninstall Guide)

The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM. Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Please post the log and let us know how the system is running now.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users