Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

yahoo messenger ports, and several questions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zzooo9

zzooo9

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

this is a several part question, but related. first, what are the ports yahoo messenger voice , file, and cam use? ( win 7, 64 bit). second, if i am sent a link in messenger, and its a legit link, will clicking on it send my ip to the sender of the link, will theirs be sent to me, and if so, where on my pc will it be logged? third, when doing a netstat-n prompt while in IM, do i do the prompt during the voice chat-file transfer-cam on ? besides not using yahoo messenger, is there anything else that is reccomended that i not do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

Can't answer all your questions. But as for the Yahoo ports info:

Ports Yahoo! Messenger uses!

Yahoo! Messenger services uses a variety of ports. Service Ports
Chat & Messenger TCP Port 5050: Client Access only
Insider/Room Lists TCP Port 80: Client Access only
File Transfer TCP Port 80: Server Access.
Your ISP may block this port, as its used for web hosting.
You can change port in Messenger, Preferences, File Transfer.
Voice Chat UDP 5000-5010
TCP 5000-5001: Client Access
If UDP Fails, TCP will be used instead, see below.
WebCam TCP Port 5100: Client Access
Super Webcam TCP Port 5100: Server Access
P2P Instant Messages TCP Port 5101: Server Access
PMs between Buddys may not use the Yahoo! Server, but this is not a requirement.

Quote from: http://www.helpbytes.co.uk/yconnect.php

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users