Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDMI input card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CHansohn

CHansohn

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

I have a full surround sound system for my computer and a monitor with no audio. I want to be able to play games on my xbox 360 through it. is there some sort of input card that would allow me to take HDMI into my computer and use the computer speakers and the monitor for my XBOX?

CPU = Intel i7 950
Motherboard = Asus P6X58D
RAM = Corsair XMS3 DDR3 6X 2GB
Power Supply = Corsair AX1200W
Graphics Card = GTX 580 2-way SLI

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris_Pool

Chris_Pool

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:51 AM

You have two options:

If your sound card has a mic port, you can possibly use it as input. However, most of the time it's laggy and/or distorted.

A better solution is a hardware sound mixer. A sound mixer is just a piece of hardware that accepts multiple sound inputs and outputs. For example, your single set of speakers are the output, and your computer and xbox would be the input. They are compatible with anything that has (or can be converted to) RCA, 3.5mm (1/8 inch) stereo, or 6.25 (1/4 inch) stereo.

Here is a cheap one for an example. Don't spend more than $30 because you're only looking to mix two devices.
http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-MX400-4-Channel-Mixer/dp/B000KGYAYQ/

Another option is to get a few stereo splitters so that you can hook them both into the same thing, however that solution would only work for two devices going into one speaker system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users