Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloads won't open?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 naomic

naomic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

The first time I realized my downloads wouldn't open was when I sent a picture message from my phone to my email so I could save it to my laptop. I never had a problem doing this before, but now I try to download the picture from it and when I do, the download box pops up and it says all files have been downloaded. Then I try double clicking on it, but nothing opens. So I try right clicking and selecting open, but open it doesn't let me. I didn't think much of it other than my email wasn't working right. Then I started realizing nothing would download at all when I tried downloading frostwire or other things like that. I talked to my computer tech at school and he told me to try malwarebytes.org but explained that I would have to download that program and that if it didn't work to try rkill. I tried that but in order for it to run it needs to be downloaded. So my download box pops up saying it's done downloading, and again I can't open what I just tried downloading so I can't run any of the programs I've been told to try. I'm only going to have this laptop until July because I am planning on getting a macbook with my open house money so I won't have to worry about viruses anymore and having a laptop for college.

Also, I read through lot of people's posts about having a similar problem so I tried a few options they were told, like going to tools, add-ons, and disabling ones I didn't need. But I'm not even positive which ones I need or don't need, I don't know what add-ons are.

I am not a very computer smart person, so any help offered please be very thorough with directions. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users