Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search Engine Link Redirect

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 krakendorf

krakendorf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

Hello, and thank you in advance for any help that I recieve!
I am running windows 7 64 bit, and all updates are current (to my knowledge).

I use firefox, and for the past couple weeks whenever I attempt to google anything, selecting a link will sometimes result in a redirect to a different site. I use the Web Of Trust extension, so most of the time my browser blocks these sites before they load (and I do not know where these redirects lead), though one site for "stopzilla" comes up repeatedly and is not blocked.

I'm able to run malware bytes, microsoft security essentials, and super antispyware professional, but running a "complete" scan (or its equivalent) does not remove the redirect problem. All the programs appear to be up to date, according to their update logs.

Again, thank you for any help that can be offered. I'll try to reply to any advice in a timely fashion!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users