Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

just rebuilt pc and restarts after windows loading screen

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 fordsucks7

fordsucks7

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

Hi everyone as you may no, Ive had some pretty major problems with my previous comp.
so we got all new things for it but when i start it up it load all fine in till the windows loading screen and right after it it shows a VERY quick bsod and restarts to the beginning and it does it over and over again! here's my new specs :thumbsup:
still windows xp the best
MSI 870-G45 moterboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 1333
SPARKLE GEFORCE 9800 GTX+ 1024MB
AMD Black Edition - AMD Phenom II X4 3.4 GHz
Ultra Lifetime Series Professional LSP750 Power supply - 750 Watt

and i have a vid if i new how to upload it i would if that would help?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yoshistr

Yoshistr

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

What new components did you install?
I am assuming you are using your previous hard drive with the windows install on it.
If so it will not properly work or even boot windows with new hardware missing necessary driver files.
Best solution here would be to remove all new hardware, load up windows as usual then install new drivers
then shutdown and reinstall the hardware and try to boot windows again.
If you don't care about your files on the drive you can boot up a windows cd and do a complete reinstall.
Yoshistr Support Team

#3 fordsucks7

fordsucks7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, but im pretty attached to the stuff on my harddrive :busy: and i was in the process of replacing it cause i have about half of the stuff in my L drive but still not all and yes i even downgraded the bios to a more stable one yet still does the same thing any one heard of this or now's how to fix it would be greatly appreciated

#4 Yoshistr

Yoshistr

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

Is your hard drive a multi-partitioned one or is it a single partition taking up the whole drive?
If it has partition space create a new partition with enough space (2GB+) and install a fresh Windows on the new partition then try to boot using this partition.
If not do you have another bootable OS such a linux live cd to boot from to backup your files to another hard drive before reinstalling windows on it.
If you have a lot of time on your hands you can also use this to update the driver files manually into C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
assuming the drive is mapped to the letter C.
You will have to locate each .sys driver file online and copy them to the driver directory.
Yoshistr Support Team

#5 fordsucks7

fordsucks7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:20 PM

i have another cd that im trying but i cant get on to the comp it stops after that screen that i showed i can post a vid of what it does if i knew how to do that!
and yes i could still get in to the bios and all
oh and yes its a single drive

Edited by fordsucks7, 09 January 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#6 Yoshistr

Yoshistr

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

It has to be a bootable CD, meaning there has to be a section on the CD that prompts the BIOS to load it before the operating system has loaded. Also in the BIOS the boot order has to show that CD/DVD drive loads before the hard drive. I suspect that your CD is not loading and that Windows is.
Yoshistr Support Team

#7 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

"so we got all new things for it "

What new things?
You never did say what you replaced. Thats kind of important to know in order to assist you.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#8 fordsucks7

fordsucks7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

not to be rude but i did its was
MSI 870-G45 Mobo
Ultra LSP 750 watt PSU
AMD Phenom X2 Black Edition 3.2 GHZ
Gskill Ripjaws 2x2GB 1333mhz
Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+
and a new case

but all give a lot of details on what we have tried and whats going on!

When i turn it on i get the normal post blah blah blah but the HDD have a odd message, the secondary hard drive perfectly fine, but the primary hard drive says
"Pri Master hard disk: S.M.A.R.T Status BAD,Backup and Replace"

Well first i kinda figured it would be like that seeing as retarded s.m.a.r.t. has been saying that well since he orginially got that HDD over 2 years ago and it has been fine. Now normally i would just go into the BIOS and disable retarded SMART but for some odd reason this bios has no setting to disable the SMART on the HDD.
I know for a fact the HDD works becuz a few days ago well.... he was using it, but i guess since this is a newer more high end MOBO in comparison to the ancient dinosaur he had that it wont allow you to continue if u have a SMART error.Now first i will say that he needs to have have his computer working ASAP!!!! because it is the only means he has to do his school work on.Second Reinstalling windows is under no circumstance ever going to be even considered as an optionand third please dont just read this and think i am a nut cuz i know it may come off like i am sounding kinda like a jerk but you have to understand i just spent near 700 of my financial aid money to get him something for XMAS and something he needed desperately and it isnt workin.
SO with all that being laid out there i will move onto the things i have tried so far:

* Nearly every humanly possible order or different way of unplugging something (PSU, MOBO power, CPU power, etc...) and resetting stuff
* i have tried prolly every type off resetting method of actual hold buttons to unplugging and removing hardware and putting it back in
* I have tried diff ram configurations
* i have tried running it with just the main primary drive hooked up and no secondary drive
* clearing the bios
* checkin the bios 536546564356456 times for a SMART option NO THERE IS NOT ONE AVAILABLE!
* downgrading the bios to a more stable version, because apparently nearly every gaming forum or mobo discussions said the new firmware release for the bios on this board had so many bugs and errors that it was nearly inoperable
* i read on place where a guy made a good point that seemed plausible so i tried it without success, it was that since the MOBO is now an AMD board and the hdd were previously hooked up to a board that was an intel processor that some file or something still resides and can mess up the OS from loading right, so i started the recovery console and disabled it and to my surprise it had said that it was already disabled, so that ended up being a waist of time as it was already set correctly
* i have tried booting in literally every mode normal, safe mode (all types of safe mode), directory services, debugging mode, etc... and they all do the same exact thing, they load fine until it gets to the XP loading screen then it flashes an really quick BSOD u cant read anything off it or anything its just a quick flash then the whole process restarts again, and it does that every time now matter what you pick
* then i finally broke out the big guns hooked up the primary master drive as an external drive and with smartmontools i disabled SMART and the auto-thingy that has to do with SMART that checks like every four hours or something, i dont remember what it was but point is they are disabled, reattached them to the comp and BAM! it was enabled again.

So now let me say i am not sure if the SMART is the issue here, it may very well not be
i thought it could be something to do perhaps witht he fact that the HDD still has all the old information for the old INTEL board on it, all the chipset drivers and everything and this is a completly diff. board with a entirely diff CPU brand.

#9 fordsucks7

fordsucks7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:42 PM

oh and the parts before where
intell pentium 4 3.0 hyperthread
asus p450vx
....275 watt psu
....nivida geforce fx5200
5.1 sound card
so slow its not even funny ram 1gb think it was 157mhz
sony vaio midget case
can ya see why i needed to upgrade :hysterical:

#10 fordsucks7

fordsucks7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:51 PM

bump

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,300 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:27 PM

This point was previously made, you may want to read more about it at Changing a Motherboard or Moving Hard Drive - http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html .

Drivers and settings made for one system...don't translate well to a different system, with different components.

Louis

#12 Yoshistr

Yoshistr

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:07 PM

When you have it hooked up as an external hard drive disable automatic restart on system failure so we
can get the error message and do a diagnostic on it.
http://www.theeldergeek.com/auto_reboot_on_system_crash.htm

It is most likely a system file (.sys) or a driver causing the issue since these load up when you see the windows
boot screen.
Yoshistr Support Team

#13 fordsucks7

fordsucks7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:36 PM

hamluis all try to follow that and reply as soon as possible! also thank you Yoshistr for sticking with me all try it to! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users