Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

msln program not found

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zylus

zylus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:54 PM

Have windows XP on my sony Vaio laptop upon start up it takes 3-4 minutes loading then a blue screen pops up "msln program not found.... skipping auto check" then it loads my settings and i am able to access all programs and internet. I have run several malaware and antivirus including (norton, spybot, malwarebytes, adaware, pc health advisor,xoftspy se, and also did a combo fix scan which i have a log for) but upon start up nothing has changed still very slow and get blue screen with msln program not found. Any and all help is much appreciated.

Edited by boopme, 10 January 2011 - 10:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yoshistr

Yoshistr

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:59 PM

This does not seem to be malware but a disk check program.
Make sure you go into Remove/uninstall programs and remove any disk check programs.
Delete Symantec AntiVirus and reinstall it.
Run UnHackMe and make sure there are no rootkits and then run a scan with Malwarebytes.

http://www.instantspywareremoval.com/errors/msln.exe.html
Yoshistr Support Team

#3 zylus

zylus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:30 PM

Thank you very much for your response it worked! So I ran unhackme and was able to get rid of my MSLN Program not found which got rid of my BSOD. Windows however still takes around 3-4 minutes to load up is there anything I can do or that you could you recommend to speed up the XP windows booting process? Any help is much appreciated and thanks again!!

Edited by zylus, 09 January 2011 - 11:57 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,481 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:58 PM

I would suggest that you follow the instructions in This Guide starting at Step 6.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Yoshistr

Yoshistr

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:45 PM

Check your boot.ini file to see what start up settings there are for your windows hardware profile, if you have multiple profiles either remove one or decrease the selection time for it (default is usually 30 seconds).
You can locate the boot.ini file here:
C:\WINDOWS\boot.ini
or
C:\WINDOWS\system32\boot.ini
or
C:\boot.ini
They will be hidden so make sure you have hidden files/folders set to be viewable in folder properties.
Or you can use the command line:
bootcfg

Remove any startup programs you don't use through msconfig to speed up post boot stability and speed or
increase the RAM in your computer for better performance.
Yoshistr Support Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users