Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upload, download, bandwith, price

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 raf96

raf96

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:49 PM

Hello.
So... I have a simple question.... no wait... let me explain...
I've had 3000 Kb/s download, with 512 upload. At night time they would raise it to... well... they would double it. (Both values)
I was frustrated, because my upload could never catch up with my download.

So... I've decided spend a few extra, and I've gotten an upgrade, now i have 8000 down and still only (they weren't adverting it) 512 upload. And at night time, they raise only download speed, not an upload... I mean how the hell am I supposed to share? (BTW my PC is ON 24/7)

I mean WTF?

So my question is...

Does upload cost more for the ISP or is there some other reason?

Edited by raf96, 09 January 2011 - 01:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ex0dus

ex0dus

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:31 PM

Who's your ISP?

#3 raf96

raf96
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:40 PM

It's in Poland ... "Vectra" also a cable provider, previously "internetia"

#4 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

Upload does not cost "more" as the bandwidth most ISPs order come with the same up/down speeds. The reason they limit it is to keep people from seeding torrents, or running servers on consumer grade internet accounts. Also, as far as I can remember they have not been able to bond channels with uploading - but considering you're only 8mb/s that's not the problem/reason here (this is why alot of Cable ISPs offer 50+mbps with only 4-6mbps upload).

If you spend the extra money for a high-end fiber optic connection (T or OC series) you'll have the same down/up speeds.

#5 raf96

raf96
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:32 AM

Thank You

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users