Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Itunes distortion

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jdr

jdr

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:38 PM

Hi all

Slightly infuriating issue with Itunes 10 running on Windows 7.

On my previous laptop (xp) i had all my cds on itunes imported with no issues at all. Due to a lost external drive have no re-imported 400 cds onto my new laptop running windows 7 with latest itunes update. Most of my music is fine, but certain cds simply distort massively when played directly from cd on itunes or imported - with no pattern or reason.

For example today ive bought 5 cds, imported them all 1 at a time on the same settings, and 4 play out absolutely fine, and one is completely distorted both playing in the drive or once imported. By distorted i dont mean slightly on the louder parts, i mean completely distorted and un-usable - imagine copying tape to tape and having the levels set way into the red on old equipment, so that everything is way distorted.

Deleting the original import including files, ejecting the disk, and rebooting and trying again makes no difference. Have tried googling it but to no real joy...some comments about quicktime settings and turning off itunes equalizer etc, which hasnt made any difference but also wouldnt make sense seeing as 80% of them run fine.

Cant find a solution - would appreciate any help as this is driving me nuts!! Its obviously related to itunes reading the disk rather than the import settings as it wont play it properly and is only importing what it can play - so its a reading the disc issue.

Cheers

Jon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users